Monday, April 14, 2014

False Lashes for every occasion and how to apply them




There are different types of false lashes which are suitable for any occasion.
  • For a subtle, natural, daytime look: Apply individual lashes to the lash line, from the middle to the outer corner.
  • For a night time look: My favorite lashes are called Wipsies, or Demi Wispies. These lashes have a natural look to them, but have added length and pumped up volume. Ardell makes my favorite Wispie lashes.
  • For a dramatic GLAM look: For the ultimate lashes, apply any kind of false lashes. Then, for the extra vavoom, apply individual lashes to the middle to outer corner of the eyes. Or, you could double stack any pair of your favorite false lashes.
How to Apply False Lashes:
Once I have a pair of false lashes, I place them over my lash line to measure the length with my actual eye. Most times, the false lashes are a bit too long for my eyes, so I will trim the corners. Once they are the right size, I simply apply lash glue to the band of the lashes, wait 20 seconds for the glue to get tacky, and then place them as closely to my lash line as possible. The best method for me, is to place the lashes on the middle of my lashline, and then secure the outer corners. Then I close my eyes, and gently press my top lashes toward my browbone for a few seconds. This allows the glue to dry with the lashes to curl upwards.

 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment