Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 18: I am WOMAN, hear me roar


We've all heard this saying, and it wasn't until this point in my life that I truly grasp the veracity of this statement. Preparation for motherhood may have something to do with it. OK, it has a LOT to do with it; think about it. We are baby making machines, pretty much the closest thing to a real life super hero. I have been experiencing a plethora of changes to my body, and I'll spare you the gory details, but really, the changes our bodies go through, from creating a life from scratch, to delivery (gasp!) are nothing short of miraculous. Mothers, give yourself a nice pat on the back. You are amazing!
When I found out that I was expecting, no one could be more surprised than myself, for the simple fact that I never knew I was capable of creating and growing another human being. I had initially planned to keep my pregnancy hidden for as long as possible, but as time passed by, and my baby bump grew, no one could stop me from shouting from the roof tops, "I'm having a baby!". I wear my little belly with pride, and savor every moment, especially the kicks that I'm finally blessed to start feeling. Last night, I was reading a book in bed, and my little one must have thought it was a great time to try out gymnastics, doing somersaults, and letting me know, "I'm with you, Mommy." It truly made my night.  I know this is just the beginning, and it's only getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment